Monday, June 2, 2008

A Slightly More Coherent Blog Post

So that last post was fun. And it felt good, because I was feeling frustrated and angry and kinda beat up emotionally.

I went to the library today. Libraries and I have a love-hate relationship. I love that they have all these books for people to read at no real charge. I love the atmosphere. I love the people there. I love the creepy old men that follow girls around really creepily. Though if I were a girl, that would probably change.

But I hate hate hate that the books I always want to checkout have been stolen months ago, and it's only realized when I want to check them out. Like today, I wanted to reread The Watchmen. But no. I spend forty freaking minutes looking for this book, finally ask someone to help me, they look for about ten minutes, and finally we decide it was stolen.

I think libraries shouldn't list what books they have in, they should list what books they might have in.



I'm all moved into my apartment now. It's weird, living in crappy dorms for 2 years and then going to this carpeted air-conditioned single room all to myself. I mean, I love it. And I'm going to hate fall when I go back to single crappy room, but it's great.



Summer has really started. It's a weird thought. We had a flash thunderstorm today, just 2 minutes after I walked in from walking back from the library. It was crazy. And I'm really frustrated with something. I don't know what. That really just popped out there. Like a banana. Do those pop out of things? Screw it, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You left out going to the librarian to report the book missing, and the way the librarian's help usually consists of taking you all the way back over to the shelf, looking at the shelf you just reported the book missing from, and then looking at you and saying 'i guess it's missing'

WELL NO SHIT LADY.