Thursday, June 12, 2008

Finally, the Jakob Dylan Album Review

So between allergies, working for my freeish housing, and job interviews, I haven't had time to get this done. Sorta. Part of the problem was the album itself. But first we need to talk about Dylans. Jakob Dylan is not his father. He avoids dealing with that very well, despite the album being a guitar and singing affair. In fact, Jakob Dylan can sing. I mean, he's not the next Pavarotti, but he has a pleasant voice. Unfortunately, he never does anything too interesting.

That's largely why I couldn't get around to writing this album. For something interesting, whether in a good way or bad way, I'd be interested in writing the review. With this, I was kinda "eh". And it kept slipping my mind or getting put off.

Now, it's not a bad album. In fact, it's pretty good. But it's not very interesting. I've heard it four or five times and I can't tell the difference between a bunch of the songs. The lyrics are smart, the guitar is well played, but nothing ever really changes. And that is the biggest failing of the album. It makes for good reading music though.


Other news:
My job interview went really well today. I might get hired at Best Buy.
Bugs like crawling on my blinds.
I found out 4 people are subscribed to my blog on Google Reader. This made my day.
I love the local library. Went there tonight, then read the entirety of Neil Gaiman's Eternals Vol. 1 in a nearby park over 2 hours.
I rode my bike to my interview today. My butt still hasn't forgiven me.

Next review will probably be of the John Butler Trio's Grand National.

No comments: